Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning Surveys
This blog post contains surveys on multi-agent reinforcement learning listed in reverse chronological order. The focus here is on general reinforcement learning techniques, so surveys on specific applications are not included.
- C. Moulin-Frier, P. Oudeyer. Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning as a Computational Tool for Language Evolution Research: Historical Context and Future Challenges. arXiv:2002.08878 [cs.MA], 2020.
- M. Zaïem, E. Bennequin. Learning to Communicate in Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning: A Review. arXiv:1911.05438 [cs.LG], 2019.
- P. Hernandez-Leal, B. Kartal, M. E. Taylor. A Survey and Critique of Multiagent Deep Reinforcement Learning. Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1-48, 2019.
- R. Rădulescu, P. K. Mannion, D. M. Roijers, A. Nowé. Multi-Objective Multi-Agent Decision Making: A Utility-based Analysis and Survey. arXiv:1909.02964 [cs.MA], 2019.
- G. Papoudakis, F. Christianos, A. Rahman, S.V. Albrecht. Dealing with Non-Stationarity in Multi-Agent Deep Reinforcement Learning. arXiv:1906.04737 [cs.LG], 2019.
- F. Silva, A. Costa. A Survey on Transfer Learning for Multiagent Reinforcement Learning Systems. Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, vol. 64, pp. 645-703, 2019.
- T. T. Nguyen, N. D. Nguyen, S. Nahavandi. Deep Reinforcement Learning for Multi-Agent Systems: A Review of Challenges, Solutions and Applications. arXiv:1812.11794 [cs.LG], 2019.
- S.V. Albrecht, P. Stone. Autonomous Agents Modelling Other Agents: A Comprehensive Survey and Open Problems. arXiv:1709.08071 [cs.AI], 2018.
- K. Tuyls, P. Stone. Multiagent Learning Paradigms. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 10767, pp. 3-21, 2018.
- P. Hernandez-Leal, M. Kaisers, T. Baarslag, E. M. De Cote. A Survey of Learning in Multiagent Environments: Dealing with Non-Stationarity. arXiv:1707.09183 [cs.MA], 2017.
- D. Bloembergen, K. Tuyls, D. Hennes, M. Kaisers. Evolutionary Dynamics of Multi-agent Learning: A Survey. Journal Of Artificial Intelligence Research, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 659-97, 2015.
- K. Tuyls, G. Weiss. Multiagent Learning: Basics, Challenges, and Prospects. AI Magazine, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 41-52, 2012.
- L. Matignon, G. J. Laurent, N. Le Fort-piat. Independent Reinforcement Learners in Cooperative Markov Games: A Survey Regarding Coordination Problems. The Knowledge Engineering Review, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 1-31, 2012.
- A. Nowé, P. Vrancx, Y. De Hauwere. Game Theory and Multi-agent Reinforcement Learning. Reinforcement Learning State-of-the-Art, pp. 441-470, 2012.
- L. Buşoniu, R. Babuška, B. De Schutter. Multi-agent Reinforcement Learning: An Overview. Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 310, pp. 183-221, 2010.
- A. V. Bab, R. I. Brafman. Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning in Common Interest and Fixed Sum Stochastic Games: An Experimental Study. Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 9, pp. 2635-2675, 2008.
- L. Busoniu, R. Babuska, B. De Schutte. A Comprehensive Survey of Multiagent Reinforcement Learning. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews), vol. 38, pp. 156-172, 2008.
- Y. Shoham, R. Powers, T. Grenager. If Multi-Agent Learning is the Answer, What is the Question?. Artificial Intelligence, vol. 171, no. 7, pp. 365-377, 2007.
- L. Panait, S. Luke. Cooperative Multi-Agent Learning: The State of the Art. Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 387-434, 2005.
- P. J. Hoen, K. Tuyls, L. Panait, S. Luke. An Overview of Cooperative and Competitive Multiagent Learning. Proceedings of the First International Conference on Learning and Adaption in Multi-Agent Systems, 2005.
- L. A. Panait, S. Luke. Collaborative Multiagent Learning: A Survey. Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 387-434, 2005.
- E. Yang, D. Gu. Multiagent Reinforcement Learning for Multi-Robot Systems: A Survey. 2004.
- Y. Shoham, R. Powers, T. Grenager. Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning: A Critical Survey. 2003.
- E. Alonso, M. D'inverno, D. Kudenko, M. Luck, J. Noble. Learning in Multi-agent Systems. The Knowledge Engineering Review, vol. 16, no. 3, 2001.
- P. Stone, M. Veloso. Multiagent Systems: A Survey from a Machine Learning Perspective. Autonomous Robots, vol. 8, no. 3, 2000.
- S. Sen, G. Weiss. Learning in Multiagent Systems. Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence, pp. 259-298, 1999.